Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sacrifice

My heart breaks. I cry the tears of those that are lost - the warriors of this disease. They are children. Too young to be sacrificed. And sacrificed is what they are. It is not their time. They are but young innocent souls. They have yet to unfurl their beautiful butterfly wings and fly through the world. They haven't breathed the beautiful air or felt the sun on their face. They haven't yet felt the sand in between their toes, nor the wind in their hair. They are young, so full of life and opportunity. Yet all too soon they are taken from us. Why? Why I ask, as I shake my head in tears. I hold my heart in pieces, those that are no longer with us. I hold them as a piece of my heart that they have taken with them. The tears stream down my face as I cry out their name. Why? Why? Why did you take them? They are only a baby in this world. So much more to live. So much more to love. A world of experiences awaiting them. Yet, you took them. You ended their life before it was yet to begin. Why? Why? Why?

In memory of Cynthia Martinez, a beautiful and wonderful person, who touched the life of so many. A CF Warrior. May she breathe easy.

Also many others, whose life was cut too short by CF and other lung diseases. May you all breathe easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment