Monday, October 10, 2011

Final Gifts


In some ways, I think it is very special to be allowed to walk this journey. When a child is born, they are not conceived and then immediately born. They have nine months to prepare. They grow and get ready for their journey into this world. Being born is hard work. Similarly, dying is also a process, a journey. Some people may die instantly in an accident, but this is not the norm. For most, dying takes time to prepare; it is a lot of work. I feel that is what I am doing now. I am getting ready for my trip. I am training and preparing myself to leave this world and enter another. When I sleep, I am not just sleeping; I am preparing. There are things I need to do so that I am ready. Truly, this is hard work. I have invited others to share in this journey with me. It is a gift that I am offering. They can either take it or leave it. While they may have a choice as to whether to travel this journey with me, I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment