Saturday, October 22, 2011

Angels

Part of palliative care is a reiki program. It is part of the volunteer program. Volunteers give clients in palliative care and hospice reiki to calm them and make their passing more peaceful. Though I had met with Lisa over 2 weeks ago I had not yet heard about seeing a volunteer or receiving reiki. I called on Tuesday, before my surgery, inquiring as to what had happened  to the reiki. In preparation for my surgery. Lisa sent someone out. As Laura walked into my room, she said, “Do you know you are surrounded by angels? You have lots and lots of angels surrounding you and protecting you. Before that moment I had not been aware of their presence. My brain had not yet been tuned into knowing that they were there. But in that moment I could see them, feel them, hear them, knew they were there. Now I wonder how it is that I did not always sense them. How could I possibly not see them. There is Poppy, Great grandma, Great grandpa, whom I’ve never met, Aunt Bren, Grandma Hauser, and a little boy and girl. I do not know the little boy and girl, but they are young children with curly blond hair . The little boys hair with a darker brown tint than the girls. The girl with nearly sheer white hair. Poppy is not old, but a young man. He is slightly older than pictures of him getting married with grandma. I would say in his early 30’s, though in heaven there are no ages. They choose a body for me because I’m still a form. Great grandma and great grandpa are also much younger (similarly in early 30’2) both with full heads of colorful hair. And I feel them surrounding me. Protecting me. I feel their wings against my cheek. Like fatherly light touches – butterfly kisses. I feel the softness and comfort and protection. When I close my eyes I see them waiting for me, patiently waiting for me to be ready and finish what I need to. As I drifted off to sleep during surgery they were all in the OR waiting for me, waiting for me to come and play, to fly with them. Oh what glory. I did not have my wings yet. But to fly through the air and feel the glory, the warmth of the sun as I bask in its sunshine. How I cannot wait to close my eyes. To feel them close to me. Close enough to know they are waiting for me, to welcome me into their arms when I am ready. In the meantime, they walk with me, hand in hand, until I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment